How To Choose The Best Tennis Elbow Brace?
Choosing the best tennis elbow brace can be difficult. This is because they have similar features. Nevertheless, you have to select what’s best for your own purpose. If most of your daily activities involve a repetitive motion of your arms and elbows, then you need a tennis elbow brace as support.
As previously explained in an earlier post, tennis elbow is an injury or inflammation of the muscles and tendons of the elbows.
The tennis elbow brace will help heal the injury. Reportedly, it could also act as support to prevent injury from repeated motions of the elbow and arm.
So, how can you choose the best tennis elbow brace? I have put together vital pointers that you can consider when selecting what’s best for you.
Table of Content
Significant Aspects to Consider When Choosing a Tennis Elbow Brace
1. Purpose of The Tennis Elbow Brace
There are a number of purposes for a tennis elbow brace. Typically it’s used as a support in tennis elbow, which is a condition involving inflammation and injury of the muscles and ligaments of the elbow because of repeated motions such as:
- Playing sports that uses the hand and the elbow (tennis, squash)
- Other similar activities
If you’re going to use the elbow brace for sports, then you may want to choose a thicker tennis elbow brace support. Depending on your needs, the best tennis elbow brace for you may not be best for other people. Thus, rely on your personal preference.
How long will the tennis elbow brace last? Can it withstand the test of time? You have to make sure that it’s made from high-quality materials. You can do this by going over the product’s details carefully.
Is the tennis elbow brace effective? Do users find it reliable and trustworthy? You can learn the answers to these questions by reading the product reviews. Apparently, not one product is perfect.
As the cliché goes: “Nothing is perfect". Nevertheless, majority (at least 90% and above) of the reviews from actual buyers must be positive.
How trendy the tennis elbow brace appears, may not matter to some.However, many users consider fashion as one important aspect. Does it look good and trendy? Can it be worn with any outfit?
5. Unique Features
What are the unique features of the tennis elbow brace? Are the existing features respond to what you need? Will they be useful for your purpose? This is the aspect where the braces may differ. Thus, go over the features judiciously.
Contrary to popular belief, not all expensive items are the best. There are affordable tennis elbow braces that are best for your particular need. Hence, if you’re diligent enough, you can certainly purchase the best tennis elbow brace for you.
I have compiled the Top 5 tennis elbow braces that you can consider. Go over them and choose the elbow brace that suits your requirements.
Comparison of The Top 5 Best Tennis Elbow Braces
To assist you in choosing your best tennis elbow brace, I have tabulated the top 5 elbow braces presented above.
From the table below, you may want to select your choice of tennis elbow brace.
- Compression pad is made of gel and 65% Neoprene and 35% Nylon
- Gel pad
Can blend with any outfit because it’s not large
- Breathable compression fabric
It’s larger in size so, there may be problems with matching outfits
- 200GSM copper nylon fabric
It’s also noticeable, so you have to choose an outfit that can fit with the design
- Highest copper compression pad
It’s the same as #2 and #3
- 65% Neoprene and 35% Nylon compression pad material
The size is the same as #1, so you can easily match it with any outfit.
Top 5 Best Tennis Elbow Brace Reviews
- This tennis elbow brace comes with an eBook that explains how to use the product. The eBook also provides online resources dealing with treatment methods and other modalities.
- It has a compression gel pad that has been shown to be more effective than air pads. Thus, it can be used for any type of elbow injury, such as computer elbow, golfer’s elbow, typing elbow or carpal tunnel syndrome, elbow tendonitis and other elbow conditions.
- It’s flexible and fits all sizes because of its adjustable strap.
- It’s made of durable material; 35% nylon and 65% neoprene that can withstand the wear and tear of daily use.
- It comes with a free bonus wrist sweatband that other brands don’t offer.
- It’s cheap. For the price of one you get another one free. Together with your eBook and wrist sweatband, you earn an awesome discount.
- There are no reported disadvantages of the tennis elbow brace.
This fitness elbow brace compression support sleeve is one product you should not miss. Here are its pros and cons.
- It has multi-purposes and can be used with a wide range of activity; whether it’s tennis and other sports, or other activities, such as typing, painting, weightlifting and crocheting.
- It fits snugly because it’s made of breathable compression fabric that doesn’t cause itchiness or discomfort.
- In addition, the manufacturer’s warranty ensures that you can get your money back, if you’re not satisfied with the product.
- Reportedly, for a few buyers, the sleeves were too short, and thus didn’t stay in place. Majority of the buyers of the product, however, approved of the product.
This has a different feature than the other tennis elbow braces because of its copper component. Here are its pros and cons.
- The tennis elbow brace comes with an eBook that explains all about how to maximize the uses of the product.
- It has a redband strap that prevents the tennis elbow braces from slipping. This is anchored on top of the sleeves to hold it firmly in place.
- Its high quality 200GSM copper nylon fabric makes it one of the best tennis elbow braces.
- The elbow sleeve and the targeted compression, which was originally created by DashSport, increase the chances of relieving the elbow pain more effectively.
- A money-back guarantee is assured customers. If you’re not satisfied with the performance of the tennis elbow brace compression, you can return the item and get your money back. That’s how confident the manufacturer of the product is.
- One or two clients complained about the sleeve slipping off from its place. Aside from this rare complaint, majority of the product reviews from actual users were positive.
Copper Compression claims to offer a compression recovery sleeve that has the highest copper content. Here are its pros and cons.
- It offers a 100% money back guarantee, if the copper compression recovery sleeve does not work for you.
- It can be used in any activity involving the arm and elbows as a prevention or therapeutic device. Examples of these conditions are lateral and medial epicondylitis.
- Good elbow support for workouts too because it can help prevent injury to the arm and elbows.
- The manufacturers don’t want to make medical claims, except that potential buyers should read the reviews of other buyers about the reliability of the tennis elbow brace.
- Majority of the reviews are positive with a few buyers complaining about the top rolling off; the size small; and the material paper-thin.
This Tennis Elbow Brace (2-Pack) with Compression Pad by PlayActive Sports is one of the best tennis elbow braces, because it provides a 2-pack elbow strap band. To help you decide what to purchase, here are its pros and cons.
- It’s composed of durable materials, namely 65% Neoprene and 35% Nylon. Hence, the compression pad is soft enough to support your elbows sufficiently, without causing pain.
- Reportedly, the tennis elbow brace relieves pain caused by various conditions, such as tennis elbow or lateral epicondylitis, elbow tendonitis, carpal tunnel syndrome, golfer’s elbow or medial epicondylitis.
- You can use the tennis elbow brace for any activity, using a repetitive motion of the arms and elbows, or hyperextension of the arm and elbow, even if you don’t feel pain. It could also be used for prevention of elbow injury and pain.
- The product set comes with 2 packs of quality elbow braces and 2 extra straps; one small-medium and one medium-large.
- A free e-guide that provides all the instructions needed in using the elbow brace and other significant information comes with the set.
- If you’re not satisfied with the product, a money-back guarantee - with no questions asked - is offered.
- It’s easy to use because of its adjustable loop fastener straps and double hooks.
- Helpful support service staff can assist you with your questions anytime.
- One user complained about the “horrible odor” of the elbow brace after some use. Majority of the buyers, however, were satisfied with the performance of the elbow brace.
So, we’re back to the question: “How would you choose the best tennis elbow brace? ”
How to Choose The Best Tennis Elbow Brace?
You can do this by following the reliable steps below.
- Step #1
- Step #2
- Step #3
- Step #4
- Step #5
Determine Your Purpose for The Tennis Elbow Brace
You have to identify the specific purpose why you’re buying a tennis elbow brace, so you can choose wisely.
Scour Online Stores
You have to be patient to browse products that respond to your needs. You can do this by entering the specific keywords to search engines. An example is to search for “best tennis elbow brace for carpal tunnel syndrome”, instead of typing “tennis elbow brace” only.
If you can visit the actual stores in person, then that would be best. But who has time to do so? Not you, I guess.
Go Over the Product Details
Peruse the product details and see if the product can respond to your needs. Remember to browse the customers’ reviews, as well, to learn about the reliability and effectiveness of the tennis elbow brace.
You may want to follow the recommended significant aspects that are above-mentioned. Durability plus affordable cost are crucial aspects to prioritize.
Choose Your Top 5 Choices
Next, you can choose your top 5 choices, to simplify the process. You may want to tabulate your choices so, you could compare them.
I have made it easier for you with the top 5 choices presented in this post. Obviously, you can choose your own, it’s up to you.
Choose One from The Top 5
You can now compare your top 5 easily, and then choose the best tennis elbow brace from your top 5 selections. This process is quicker than selecting from dozens of choices. You should have chosen now your best tennis elbow brace.
Now you know how to choose the best tennis elbow brace from a number of available products online. Again, your specific choice will depend on what you truly need. What’s good for me may not be good for you. It’s still your final choice. Select wisely.
However, these recommendations are researched thoroughly, so you might want to refer to them.
Nonetheless, if you have other suggestions, you can add them to the comment section below. Your valuable contribution is always welcome.