Top 5 Best Pulse Oximeter Reviews – Pros And Cons
In this post, I will be presenting the top 5 best pulse oximeter reviews and the pros and cons of each oximeter. So, if you’re searching for an oximeter, continue reading and you can get some tips from these reviews.
It can be a humongous task, if you have to browse all sites just to choose one product. But with the list that I have prepared, you can save time and energy. But first, what is an oximeter?
What is An Oximeter?
The oximeter is a medical device that measures the oxygen saturation of an individual through his fingers and other body parts. It’s more convenient to use because the method is noninvasive (doesn’t use needles or scalpels; hence, it doesn’t cause pain) and easily attached to the specific body part, such as wrists and fingers.
What is the General Function of the Oximeter?
The function of the oximeter is to me measure the oxygenation of the patient. This data is crucial when patients are in the intensive care unit, or during operations, or during emergencies and recuperation.
Hence, its role in the maintenance of health is important. Blood oxygenation and pulse rate are vital data that you need to determine if you’re healthy or not.
The oximeter can also double as a Pulse Rate (PR) reader, while some oximeters measure other body data and vital statistics related to your activity.
Here are the top 5 pulse oximeter reviews that you can peruse to choose your own.
Comparison Table Top 5 Best Pulse Oximeters
Top 5 Best Pulse Oximeter Reviews
This oximeter can be used by different individuals who are involved in sports and other physical activities. This is because it’s handy, displays the SpO2% readings promptly on its OLED screen, and utilizes only 2 AA batteries for several hours. You can maximize its use wherever you are.
- Accurate and precise even after long use, because of its durable material
- Portable, so you can carry it conveniently wherever you go
- Reliable, the readings are constant and steady, so you get correct readings
- Reasonable price for its superb service, which you can easily afford it
- Display clear readings because of its OLED screen’s brightness
- Energy saver; the batteries can be used for around 30 hours; so, you spend less
- One user stated that it was slow and would not hold up when used continuously
- One user complained that he had used the device for only a day
The Nonin GO2 is a reliable, lightweight and handy oximeter that is trusted by its users: runners, hikers, sports-oriented people and other individuals (adults and children), who want to measure their pulse rate and oxygen saturation accurately.
This easy to operate, noninvasive device is automatically turned on and off, with its readings clearly displayed on its monitor.
- Accurate, gives reliable readings that can be trusted
- Durable, it’s made of quality material, so you can use the device for several years
- Easy-to-read numbers, because they are easily displayed even against bright sunlight. This is because of its size and the TempIR readout light
- Light and handy, you can take it with you wherever you want to go
- One user complained that the device was slow and sometimes, it doesn’t display its readings
- One customer complained about its poor customer service
This is a wrist pulse oximeter that use advance technology to provide a real-time and continuous readings of your pulse rate and peripheral oxygen saturation (SpO2).
Innovo®SnugFit probe’s sensor and OLED lights will obtain and reflect your readings reliably, while the Bluetooth will record your data. It’s not only hypoallergenic and durable, but is also portable.
- Clear OLED screen provides easy readings of pulse rate (PR) and peripheral oxygen saturation (SpO2)
- Innovo®SnugFit allows the comfortable use of the device during nighttime and daytime
- Bluetooth records your vital statistics continuously, and is useful especially during nighttime
- A few users complained about the interface being difficult to read, and bad software/hardware with an unreliable Bluetooth
- One user commented on the data record switch being intermittent
This oximeter can be used on the wrist and the fingers (through a clip). You can adjust how you use the device according to your preferences.
You can use it overnight to measure your pulse rate (heart rate) or your level of oxygenation (peripheral oxygen saturation), and during the day when you engage in your physical activities.
You can sync your smartphone to your oximeter device to track your progress. Also, the device keeps records of your readings for a period of 10 days.
- Adaptable, you can use it the way you want to, whether on your finger or on your wrist
- Superb monitoring device of your PR and SpO2 readings; thereby, you can evaluate your progress easily
- Has a multi-purpose, it can monitor blood oxygenation, pulse rate, calories burned, steps, and even the distance traveled and the activity that you're engaged in
- A few customers complained about the device falling off, being inconvenient and not operating
- One user complained about the device not syncing with the software after a few days
This oximeter can measure the pulse rate (PR) and peripheral oxygen saturation (SpO2), simultaneously, through the wrist or the finger. In addition, it can be used conveniently by both children and adults, during the day or night.
One of its good features is its alarm system. You can be aware of any improper positioning of the finger in the device, and when the battery is low through its alarm system.
- Has an organic light emitting diode (OLED) that allows you to read the displayed numbers easily
- Has an alarm system that will warn you when your blood oxygen falls outside of the normal levels, which will allow prompt necessary treatment
- Has useful software, because of this, you can obtain various vital statistics of your body for health monitoring
- One user complained about how the port to port interfaces don’t fit each other
- One user stated about his difficulties in reading the documentation of the device
These are the Top 5 Best Pulse Oximeter Reviews that you can choose your own device from. To help you more in choosing your oximeter, here’s your buying guide.
Buying Guide in Choosing the Best Pulse Oximeter
This is the most important aspect that you should consider, because if your readings are unreliable, then there’s no point in using the device. These are data that you would use in evaluating your health, so they should be accurate and precise.
Since you will use the device for a lifetime, you must choose an oximeter that’s durable or made up of quality materials. You can browse the pulse oximeter reviews to help you choose the most suitable and durable device for you.
This is one of the criteria that you have to consider. This is because you would want to use the oximeter indoors and outdoors. So, a portable, light and small oximeter would be the most convenient for you.
You have to consider the cost, as well. If you’re patient and diligent enough, you can purchase a reliable and durable pulse oximeter. Don’t look for dirt cheap devices because they may not be reliable. But, keep in mind that the most expensive ones aren’t necessarily the most reliable, as well.
More Tips on Buying a Pulse Oximeter
- Choose the pulse oximeter that can respond to your needs.
- No matter how high tech the oximeter is, if it doesn’t suit you, don’t buy it.
- Purchase from a company that has a good track record.
- Take note of the best pulse oximeter reviews too. The users’ comments will help you in selecting your own appropriate device.
These are all the significant facts, criteria and tips that you must know before buying your pulse oximeter.
You can rely on this list of the Top 5 Best Pulse Oximeter Reviews to select your own pulse oximeter. What’s best for other people may not be best for you. Thus, you have to review the details of each product.
Write down your preferences and then check this against the highly-rated products in the list provided here. If you don’t find one that’s suitable for you, go ahead and browse the other products online.
Have you purchased your pulse oximeter recently? If you have, you can share your thoughts about the topic in the comment section below. I value your contributions.
Searches related to best pulse oximeter:
- best pulse oximeter for nurses
- best pulse oximeter for respiratory therapist
- best finger pulse oximeter
- best pulse oximeter for sleep apnea
- best pediatric pulse oximeter