The Best Knee Brace For Meniscus Tear On The Market
If you suffer from a meniscus tear, you want to make sure you have the right support to keep yourself safe and make sure you don’t end up with an even more serious problem. That’s why it’s crucial for you to find the best knee brace for meniscus tear.
With many different options you can definitely find one that will provide you the perfect amount of support for whatever you want to do and whatever knee problems you might have. The meniscus tear especially requires a high quality brace, and with any one of these you’re going to get what you’re looking for.
What to Look For?
Knee Brace Types
There are a few different types of knee braces that you should consider because they will help you with different aspects of your problems. You will find knee sleeves, knee supports, knee stabilizers and hinged knee braces to help you out.
A knee sleeve comes in a range of different sizes and fits tight against the knee and the leg. It can be slipped on easily and doesn’t require any added support such as straps or braces to go along with it. If you need anything else to support your knee you’ll want a stronger version of a band.
A knee support can be adjusted and generally has Velcro straps to go all the way around to ensure the brace stays firm around your knee. It generally has at least a little bit of compression to it as well as plenty of warmth to go along.
It’s definitely going to help you if you need more than just base support, so make sure that you have one if you need something a little more balanced. If you need even more support you’ll definitely want to look at the next step up, which is a knee stabilizer.
The knee stabilizer uses steel springs around the outside to help you gain support while you’re walking, running or doing anything else. You’ll get plenty of support directly around the knee and leg as well as the springs on each side. This helps you get plenty of support and still engage in a lot of the activities that you normally enjoy. It’s not quite as ideal for everything or for more serious injuries, but there is still one more option when it comes to support.
The hinged knee brace has plenty of hinges as well as the straps to go all the way around. You’ll be able to move your knee wherever you want without having to worry about it getting damaged or further injured. Not only that but it has more breathability and though it may not be comfortable in the more traditional sense, it’s definitely comfortable enough since it helps you knee to stay exactly where it needs to be while you’re moving and trying to recover from any type of injury. You’ll be able to increase your flexibility over time with this one.
Open or Closed Patella
The patella is the section that covers the kneecap and you can choose between an open or closed version of this support because it helps you to choose what’s most comfortable and useful for you. If you need support for the kneecap and want to make sure it has plenty of compression just like the other areas of the knee brace you’re definitely going to want a closed patella. On the other hand, if you don’t need this level of support or you don’t want pressure on the kneecap you can get an open patella brace that relieves some of the pressure in this area.
Sizing Your Brace
When it comes to the sizing process you want to look at the different types of braces that are out there for you. Not all braces actually have size options but you will find many that do. If you can get a size option or a few options from the braces you’re looking at this is going to help you get an even better fit, which is definitely going to increase the usability of the brace and just how it’s able to improve your overall comfort while you’re using it.
Make sure that you follow the measurement instructions that are provided with the brace you’re looking at to ensure you’re choosing the right size and that it’s going to fit and work for you over an extended period of time. You may need to check out a few different options before you find one that has the size options you need.
Comparison Table - Top 5 Best Knee Braces for MeniscusTear 2017
The Best Knee Brace for Meniscus Tear Reviews
1. The EX-701 Performance Stabilizing Knee Brace Support
Video from Amazon.com
The Exous Knee Brace Support is inexpensive and extremely easy to use. You just place it over your knee with the hole over the actual knee and then wrap the Velcro straps all the way around to create a firm fit.
This brace is great for people who have patella tendonitis, knee meniscus tears, ACL lateral & medical ligament sprains and a whole lot more. It allows you to participate in sports, running and other activities without having to worry about increased problems or even more danger to your knee.
- Made with 62% neoprene, 20% polyester, 17% nylon and 1% spandex
- Comfortable, soft and elastic enough to stretch for a better fit.
- Provides high performance
- Compresses in 4 different ways to provide support all the way around.
- Able to fit all the way around a calf of up to 16.5 inches and a thigh of up to 20 inches
- The brace itself fits over the knee as well as 3” above and below it.
- Anti-slip with a 4-way strap system
- Stays in place at all times.
- Works great for those with smaller legs
- Features metal supports for added strength
- Lycra sleeve interior is loose
- Can slip when moving extensively
- Doesn’t prevent twisting in the knee
2. Neo-G Stabilized Open Knee Support
Video from Amazon.com
The Neo-G Stabilized Open Knee Support provides a sturdy and firm surface that is still flexible enough for you to participate in general activities. It’s inexpensive and blue in color, which definitely looks pretty cool. Designed to provide support for those who suffer from arthritis, strains, sprains, ACL or meniscus tears and a whole lot more, it comes in one size that is easy to adjust for just about everyone. It features two straps that can be wrapped around the upper and lower leg to provide anti-slip capabilities.
- Completely unisex
- Capable of being used on the right or left leg
- This band can also be used with hot and cold discs to provide even more comfort and aid to the healing process
- It’s even registered as a class 1 medical device with the FDA of the USA.
- Fully adjustable to provide the right level of support without cutting off circulation
- The material is a therapeutic neoprene that helps to keep your leg warm, without overheating
- Lightweight and easy to wear for an extended period
- Works well for a variety of different injuries including arthritis, strains, sprains and tears
- Works great for compression features
- Adds a large amount of resistance while in use
- Velcro straps start to wear out and curl
- Middle straps are short, making it difficult to fit around leg
- Starts to slide over time
3. Knee Brace Support and Compression Sleeve by Motion Infiniti
The Motion Infiniti Knee Brace is ideal for a range of different injuries including an ACL or meniscus tear, arthritis and more.
It’s great for anyone who suffers from soreness or injury to their knee or anyone engaged in athletics. Moderately priced like each of the rest, this option is designed for plus size individuals and gives extra support through the unique Double-D ring system and hinged locking mechanism.
This is done with four built-in steel springs and a silicone gel shield that makes sure you have less stress and strain on the knee while running or even moving normally.
- Durable and highly adjustable
- The entire unit is anti-microbial treated neoprene, so you don’t have to worry about bacteria growing on it as you continue to use it for an extended period.
- High quality Velcro ensures it will work perfectly for up to 10,000 different uses
- It will adjust to fit anyone easily
- Breathable to help you reduce sweating and to make sure you have less trouble with rashes
- This band uses reinforced stitches to increase overall durability and longevity
- Super easy to use whenever you want
- Works great for smaller individuals
- Large knee opening
- Short straps are not ideal for those with a larger leg
- Can smell like rubber or chemicals
- Slides while going on extensive exercise
4. Braceit K2 Comfortline Knee Brace
If you’re looking for a lot of protection and support from a knee brace the Braceit K2 Comfortline is one that you’re definitely going to want to take a look at. It’s more expensive than other options, but it’s going to ensure you have exactly what you’re looking for to keep your knee straight and protected.
It comes in a range of different sizes so you can be sure that you have exactly the right fit and it uses a support system made of flexible plastic outside, lined with silicone coated neoprene and foam strap pads. It also has stainless steel rings and hinges that ensure longevity.
- Air Condolynes ensure relief for your knees as well as your ligaments
- You don’t have movement from the brace
- You will continue to be comfortable using this constantly
- With several straps, you’ll be able to keep it firmly against your leg
- Can use this brace no matter what type of knee injury you may have.
- It’s great for anything from ACL and meniscus tears to sports injuries and osteoarthritis
- You can simply wrap it around your leg and tighten down all the straps and it’s ready to go when you are
- Works great for plus size or larger individuals
- Fits around the knee more stiffly for added support
- Nylon covers start to break down
- Fits strangely around the thigh
- Straps don’t provide enough breathability which increases sweating
5. The Hinged Knee Brace by Vive
The Vive Hinged Knee Brace is used to treat a number of different health conditions including ACL tears, meniscus tears, patella tendons and much more. It’s inexpensive, even when compared to the rest of the options here. You’ll get plenty of compression as well as breathability because of the material and the neoprene. The fact that it’s latex-free also provides thermal compression to help with comfort and overall improvement for whatever problems are affecting the leg.
- Aluminum support hinges to increase support
- Support hinges can be removed as needed
- Neoprene is extremely lightweight so you can use it whenever you want
- You can easily and quickly adjust the straps whenever you want
- 60 day guarantee if you have a problem with the quality
- Works well for different types of exercise
- Great for several types of knee related injuries
- High quality materials that are designed to last
- Helps with the movement of the entire knee and leg to improve overall flexibility and movability
- Easy to get on once you get used to it
- Works well for everything from ACL tears to patella tendons
- Latex-free for those with allergies
- Not comfortable over an extended period of wear
- Starts to loosen over the course of the day
- Tends to increase sweating under the surface
Overall, the Neo-G is a great option because it helps you to balance out everything that you need. It is high quality but provides a balanced level of support instead of going overboard. It doesn’t have a lot of extra supports and it isn’t very expensive either. It’s also compatible with hot and cold discs, which increase the durability and use.
Rather than the other options which provide lower levels of support or increased levels of support you’ll be able to get just what you need. Use it for any kind of leg or knee problem, which is definitely important.