Top 5 Best Forehead Thermometer Reviews 2017 – Ultimate Buying Guide
Are you in search of the best forehead thermometer that has excellent forehead thermometer reviews?
You’re in luck because I have made your task easier. I have researched and put together the top 5 best forehead thermometers and forehead thermometer reviews for your easy perusal.
Whether you’re a parent wanting the best for your kids, or a health worker in search of reliable thermometers, this post is for you.
For those who just happen to drop by, here are vital facts you need to know first about forehead thermometers.
Comparison Table of The Top 5 Best Forehead Thermometer
You may want to compare the forehead thermometers in the table above, and find out what features are necessary for your child or patient.
- Dual mode (ear and forehead)
- AccuSensor – sensitive sensor to detect temperature
- Can store 20 temperature readings in its memory
- Insert thermometer probe into ear – readings after one second
- Point at the center of the forehead and then slowly move the probe forward until you hear the beep. Read the temperature instantly.
- For forehead use only
Swiping the thermometer diagonally on the forehead – 3 seconds reading
- Dual mode (ear and forehead use)
- Clinically calibrated
- Pointing the thermometer at the center of the Forehead – 3 seconds reading
- For ears – insert probe – get readings after 1 second
- No touch technology
- Temperature colored indicators to monitor increase or decrease of temperature
- For forehead use only
Point the thermometer at the center of forehead (2 inches away)– readings can be taken after a few seconds
- No touch mode for forehead only
- Laser and infra-red technology
- Can store 12 temperature readings
- Can measure room temperature too
Point the thermometer at the center of the forehead – get readings after less than a second
The Best Forehead Thermometer Reviews
To help you find the best forehead thermometer, here are the top 5 best forehead thermometers with the highest forehead thermometer reviews.
This forehead thermometer is convenient to use because it’s handy and non-invasive.
To perform the temperature reading, all you have to do is to hold the forehead thermometer in your hand and then swipe it gently on the patient’s forehead. Within seconds the temperature reading will be displayed on the digital window.
- Easy to handle because it’s made of light plastic.
- Convenient for patients. To take temperature, just swipe once.
- Non-invasive and gentle for infants, children and the elderly.
- Instant readings are reflected because of an easily detectable colored screen.
- Dim-light reading is possible because of bright LCD backlight.
- Readings are clearly visible due to the big size of the graphics.
- Hygienic and safe to use.
- Comes with an easy-to understand guide especially for first time users.
- There were a few users, who complained that the forehead thermometer was inaccurate.
- However, more than 73% of users are satisfied with the performance and accuracy of the forehead thermometer.
This is an updated version of the previous version. It has upgrades infrared lens. Go over its pros and cons, to help you decide.
- Has a dual mode that allows ear or forehead use.
- Accurate, because it’s clinically calibrated and approved by the FDA.
- Money back guarantee, up to 100 days for unsatisfied buyers.
- Backlight bright screen that facilitates reading even during the night.
- Quick reading of temperature within 3 seconds (forehead) and one second (ears).
- Ideal for all types of patients, most especially infants, children and the elderly.
- Two users out of the more than one thousand five hundred users reported that the thermometer doesn’t work.
- This means that it’s a negligible fraction of the majority of the customers. It could have been a factory defect.
This is one of the best forehead thermometers. It has been improved from the previous Braun product, with its no-touch feature.
- Has a LED display that can promptly reflect the readings and temperature indicators.
- Accurate, with its capability to capture twice the patient’s body heat.
- Temperature indicators can help you monitor the patient’s temperature closely. You’ll know if the temperature has increased or has gone down.
- Uses non-invasive procedure because you don’t have to insert the forehead thermometer deep into any opening in the body.
- Convenient and easy to use. There are no complex procedures to follow. You simply position the forehead thermometer 2 inches over the forehead; then click on the temperature button to obtain the temperature of the patient.
- The no-touch feature allows you to take the temperature, even ofa sleeping child.
- Has a sound reducer that can decrease the sound of the beep to a volume that you desire.
- Ergonomically and beautifully designed for aesthetic purposes. You can use it anywhere without feeling drab.
- Durable and tested to last for a long period of time.
- A few users reported that the forehead thermometer didn’t work for them. But majority of the users approved of the gadget.
This forehead thermometer by Dr.Madre has incorporated a number of good features that is safe and convenient for your child.Dr. Madre’s forehead thermometer is especially made for kids.
In fact their product slogan is: “ When kids come first.”
- No-touch feature. You can get the temperature of a sleeping patient promptly – within less than a second.
- Accurate; utilizes laser and infra-red to accurately obtain the temperature.
- It can also get the room temperature swiftly. This is one feature that is not found in other forehead thermometers.
- Helps monitor the patient’s temperature by storing up to 12 temperature results.
- Money back guarantee. You get your money back within 30 days, if you’re not satisfied with the forehead thermometer’s performance.
- There were a few users, who complained that it didn’t work for them. Majority of the users, however, gave a thumbs-up.
This can be the best forehead thermometer for you because it doubles as an ear thermometer too.
- Accurate, with its upgraded software and infra-red lenses. Moreover, it has been approved by CE and FDA.
- Has a dual mode for ear and forehead measurements of temperature. Ears for infants and forehead for older patients.
- Reliable readings obtained within seconds because of upgraded infra-red technology. The AccuSense sensor detects the temperature reliably.
- Easy to use.For temperature readings, simply click F1 for forehead and F2 for ears.
- Durable; made of high-quality materials.
- Has temperature indicators that denote febrile conditions. An alarm goes off visually and through sounds (auditory) when the patient has a fever (above 99.5 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Ergonomically designed, providing convenience to the user and the patient. It feels comfortable in the hand.
- Has a sensitive and powerful sensor that detects temperature quickly and accurately.
- Has a memory that can record 20 temperature readings (both in Celsius and in Fahrenheit).
- Hygienic and safe to use for all types of patients.
- A number of users reported that the readings were inaccurate, and one complained of its extreme sensitivity. Majority of the users gave positive reviews, however.
What are Forehead Thermometers?
Forehead thermometers measure body temperature using the forehead instead of theaxilla, mouth or the anus. These thermometers are ideal for children, the elderly and patients who can be difficult to manage.
Advantages of forehead thermometers over other types of thermometers
So, what are the advantages you can get in using forehead thermometers? There are several advantages of these types of thermometers over the other types. These are:
1. They are non-invasive.
The patient doesn’t have to go “under the knife” or to endure uncomfortable procedures. It’s painless.
2. They are more convenient and easier to use on children, the elderly and difficult patients.
The old method of getting a child’s temperature through his rectum is accurate. However, this out-dated method is no longer an option, if you have the best forehead thermometer available for you.
The rectal thermometer is uncomfortable. Imagine a sick child screaming and writhing because a foreign object is inserted into his anal opening. Plus, he’s running a fever; how stressed out he would be.
This goes too with the oral and axilla method of obtaining a child’s temperature. Children are restless when sick, and performing uncomfortable procedures can involve a Herculean effort.
Thanks to forehead thermometers, the task has now become a tranquil walk-in-the-park.
3. They reduce the risk of infection.
This is because the forehead is not as ‘dirty’ as the rectum, the mouth and the axilla. There are lesser infecting agents present in the forehead than the other three areas.
The rectum, where the rectal thermometer is inserted, has the most number of microorganisms that may cause infection and other microbial illnesses.
Next, is the mouth; there are dozens of diseases that can be transmitted through the mouth.
Although transmission of diseases is reduced through proper sterilization and the use of disposable thermometers, the forehead thermometer could still be sources of infections.
The axilla (armpits) is a warm haven for bacteria as well. Therefore, the bacterium can be transmitted through an unsterilized thermometer.
Features to Consider in Choosing The best Forehead Thermometer
So, what features should you look for when choosing the best forehead thermometer with the highest forehead thermometer reviews? Here’s a list that you can refer to.
The thermometer must have passed a quality control certification from an authorized entity, such as the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or European Conformity CE).
This is critical because a wrong temperature can lead to unnecessary medications that can be fatal to the patient.
To ensure that this doesn’t happen, purchase from a reputable company to ascertain that the forehead thermometer is accurate.
The forehead thermometer must be both convenient to the patient and the person taking the temperature. The best forehead thermometer can be conveniently swiped on the forehead, or pointed at the center of the forehead.
Choose a product that gives readings the shortest time possible.
You can learn about the durability of the thermometer by browsing some forehead thermometer reviews and determining the number of actual users, who find the thermometer durable.
Is the forehead thermometer safe for everyone? Scrutinize the product and go over the product details for any warnings or precautions. The forehead thermometer must not contain highly fragile parts that can accidentally break.
It must not be made of toxic materials that can poison infants, or of small separable parts that infants and small children can swallow.
For good measure look for the approval seal or certification of CE, or FDA.
Cost may be your least concern, but it would be a real bargain if you can buy the forehead thermometer that has all the excellent features, given at affordable prices.
Pointers in Using Forehead Thermometers
- Always clean the forehead thermometer before use: The forehead is cleaner than the mouth, the axilla or the anus; nevertheless, you still have to clean it before usage. All types of microorganisms (virus, bacteria, fungi) are present in all surfaces - even the forehead.
- Read the manufacturer’s manual or guide thoroughly: You have to read first the guide that comes with the forehead thermometer before using it. The brand may differ from the previous product you have used.
- Return immediately defective forehead thermometers: If the forehead thermometer is defective, you may want to return it or exchange it within the warranty’s grace period, or you won’t get your money back.
- In cases when the fever persists, consult a doctor immediately: Fever is a symptom of countless of diseases. Hence, it’s your responsibility to ensure that the patient is treated properly.
The best forehead thermometer for you may vary with that of another person. The forehead thermometer reviews can help you in deciding what’s best for you.
You can consider the number of stars that the forehead thermometer earns from actual buyers. The more stars awarded, the more reliable the forehead thermometer is.
Were you able to decide which one is best for you? You can share your thoughts about why you have chosen that forehead thermometer in the comment section below.